This is one of the most controversial and mysterious topics modern society has tried to tackle. When we dream we enter into the Astral State of the 4th dimension. This state of mind is peculiar because as we begin to Awaken we have a greater association with the Astral World that is linked to our long-term memory via the subconscious. Dreams are mystical and enchanting but they leave us with more puzzles to solve rather than solutions. That’s where Astral projection comes in, when we’re able to astral project we begin to see our limitless potential. During a Kundalini Awakening, it is far easier to slip into the Astral state due to the changes within our bodies frequency. Some people will even report much more vivid and even lucid dreaming upon going through a Kundalini Awakening. Do we ever stop to question why this happens? Our bodies are changing and when we see that the astral state is a place anyone can enter at will, we’re able to see beyond the world of death. The Astral state is one of the many different states of consciousness we can enter within the infinite worlds of dimensions that surround us daily. Once we’re able to enter into this astral state we begin to have more control over our subconscious world and the symbols that encompass dream land that are brought into our personal reality. Dreams are the key to the inner world of your psyche.
What is Astral Projection?
Astral Projection or Out-of-body Experience(OBE) is when the conscious mind separates from the Physical Body and moves into the Astral Body to experience. We technically Astral Project every single of night of our lives as we go to sleep and enter into the Dream state. However most of us just don’t remember this as we’re usually unconscious. So saying you can’t astral project is a lie because EVERYONE can do it, we do it every single day. Some people enjoy learning to Astral Project consciously and this is what we’re going to talk about…
When you astral project you are consciously aware of things you encounter while out of your physical body. Some people can astral project naturally and others are still torn by the fear of Astral Projection and find the inability to let go. We are attached by a silver/gold cord to our body so when we dream we can easily go back into our body when we wake up. There is never a chance of death from learning Astral Projection, you are entirely completely safe.
“There are two general schools of thought on the nature of astral projection. These can broadly be defined as the mystical model and the phasing model.
- The Phasing Model, which was defined by Robert Monroe, holds the belief that it is impossible to actually leave your body in the truest sense of the word, and that the astral planes and the physical world are merely points on the long spectrum of consciousness. When a person projects, they actually “phase” into another area of consciousness and the locales it contains. This can be likened to tuning a radio to another station. One of the initial signposts representing a phase shift away from physical reality has been labeled the state of focus 10 (mind awake/body asleep). This viewpoint can be seen as a logical progression of the philosophy that external reality is actually an internally created state
- The Mystical Model includes a large variety of belief systems and astral maps, but they are tied together by their belief that astral projection takes place outside of the actual physical body. In this model, a more subtle energy body is believed to carry the consciousness outside of the physical body. In their book Projection of the Astral Body, Carrington and Muldoon detail how consciousness is transferred into a secondary “energy” body (the etheric body) to allow travel into the astral planes. This idea is also described by other authors such as Robert Peterson in his book Out of Body Experiences: How to have them and what to expect (chapters 5, 17, 22), and Robert Bruce in his book Astral Dynamics (pages 31-33, 404-410, 538). Bruce expanded on this idea in his book Astral Dynamics, stating that higher planes of existence are reached through the progressive projection of subtler energy bodies from previous projected bodies (pages 33-42). The subtle body is attached to the physical body by means of an energetic connection which usually takes the appearance of a silver cord ‘plugging’ into the chakra system like an umbilical cord. Robert Peterson describes this in chapter 13 of his book Out of Body Experiences, Robert Bruce in his book Astral Dynamics (pages 27, 52-53, 84, 397-403,544) and by Carrington and Muldoon in their book Projection of the Astral Body.” 
HOW TO GO OUT OF BODY STEP BY STEP
There are various techniques out there but i thought it would be fascinating to write about the Monroe technique since he was one of the first people to discover Astral Projection.
Robert Allan Monroe (1915 – 1995) was a psychic researcher and author of Journeys Out of the Body, a 1971 book that popularized the expression “out-of-body experience” (also called astral projection). Monroe was a conservative Virginia businessman who had his first out-of-body experiences in 1958. After much experimentation, he founded The Monroe Institute, a “nonprofit education and research organization devoted to the exploration of human consciousness” and developed a method he called Hemi-Sync (hemispherical synchronization) to induce mental states that are favorable for inducing out-of-body experiences. Hemi-Sync is a system which aims to balance the brain waves of both of the brain’s hemispheres or lobes through cooperative processing of auditory stimulus. The stimulus, together with meditative instruction, is provided via headphones. The method is based on a concept known as binaural beats.
At the Monroe Institute each exercise from the workshops and classes begins with an affirmation that states the direct intent of mind exploration. This affirmation is important because it helps direct the energy towards the opening of where the mind wishes to travel during the journey. If you personally go to one of these workshops, the first affirmation is to learn and memorize Robert Monroe’s Gateway Voyage Affirmation.You can listen to the first three minutes here.
Robert Monroe personally would use this affirmation before entering on his own journeys out of the body. He found that his “vision, perception and quality of encounters with other energies increased dramatically. The affirmation turned out to be a bridge, a passage code or simply a gateway to other dimensions. “
I am more than my physical body.
Because I am more than physical matter, I can perceive that which is greater than the physical world. Therefore, I deeply desire to Expand, to Experience; to Know, to Understand; to Control, to Use such greater energies and energy systems as may be beneficial and constructive to me and to those who follow me.
Also, I deeply desire the help and cooperation, the assistance, the understanding of those individuals whose wisdom, development and experience are equal or greater than my own. I ask their guidance and protection from any influence or any source that might provide me with less than my stated desires. – Robert Monroe
You can use your own affirmations for any Astral Experience.
Some basic guidelines:
- Be clear about your intentions before entering.
- Always be in a calm tranquil state of mind before attempting astral projection. If our emotions are upset in any way we will not be able to properly relax and open up our perception with a clear focus
- Ask for protection – Talk to your guides, angels and even animal totems to help you enter through the gate
- Stay Grounded – When returning make sure to stay grounded! If not it can be a little disorienting coming back to reality.
- Release FEAR
- Ask for Guidance and Help – Assistance really helps make the journey much smoother especially knowing you are not alone.
Relax the body. According to Monroe, “the ability to relax is the first prerequisite, perhaps even the first step itself” to having an OBE. (out of body experience). This includes both physical and mental relaxation. Monroe does not suggest a method of attaining this relaxation, although progressive muscle relaxation, coupled with deep breathing exercises (inhale 1, exhale 2, inhale 3… until about 50 or 100) are known to work well. You can also use well known techniques such as pranayama or trance.
Enter the state bordering sleep. This is known as the hypnogogic state. Once again, Monroe doesn’t recommend any method of doing this. One way is to hold your forearm up, while keeping your upper arm on the bed, or ground. As you start to fall asleep, your arm will fall, and you will awaken again. With practice you can learn to control the hypnogogic state without using your arm. Another method is to concentrate on an object. When other images start to enter your thoughts, you have entered the hypnogogic state. Passively watch these images. This will also help you maintain this state of near-sleep. Monroe calls this Condition A.
Deepen this state. Begin to clear your mind. Observe your field of vision through your closed eyelids at the blackness in front of your. After a while you may start to notice light patterns. These are simply neural discharges. They have no specific effect. Ignore them. When they cease, one has entered what Monroe calls Condition B. From here, one must enter an even deeper state of relaxation which Monroe calls Condition C— a state of such relaxation that you lose all awareness of the body and sensory stimulation. You are almost in a void in which your only source of stimulation will be your own thoughts.
The ideal state for leaving your body is Condition D. This is Condition C when it is voluntarily induced from a rested and refreshed condition and is not the effect of normal fatigue. To achieve Condition D, Monroe suggests that you practice entering it in the morning just as you are getting up, or after a short nap.
Enter a state of Vibration. This is the most important part of the technique and certainly the most vague. Many projectors have noted these vibrations at the onset of projection. They can be experienced as a mild tingling, or as if electricity is being shot through the body. Their cause is a mystery. It may actually be the astral body trying to leave the physical body.
For entering into the vibrational state, he offers the following directions:
1. Remove all jewelry or other items that might be touching your skin.
2. Darken the room so that no light can be seen through your eyelids, but do not shut out all light.
3. Lie down with your body along a north-south axis, with your head pointed toward magnetic north.
4. Loosen all clothing, but keep covered so that you are slightly warmer than what might normally be comfortable.
5. Be sure you are in a location where, and at a time when, there will be absolutely no noise to disturb you.
6. Enter a state of relaxation.
7. Give yourself the mental suggestion that you will remember all that occurs during the upcoming session that will be beneficial to your well being. Repeat this five times.
8. As your breathe, concentrate on the void in front of you.
9. Select a point a foot away from your forehead, then change your point of mental reference to six feet.
10. Turn the point 90 degrees upward by drawing an imaginary line parallel to your body axis up above you head. Focus there and reach out for the vibrations at that point and bring them back into your body.
Even if you don’t know what these vibrations are, you will know when you have achieved contact with them.
Learn to control the vibrational state. Practice controlling them by mentally pushing them into your head, down to your toes, making them surge throughout your entire body, and producing vibrational waves from head to foot. To produce this wave effect, concentrate on the vibrations and mentally push a wave out of your head and guide it down your body. Practice this until you can induce these waves on command. Once you have control of the vibrational state, you are ready to leave the body.
Begin with a partial separation. The key here is thought control. Keep your mind firmly focused on the idea of leaving the body. Do not let it wander. Stray thoughts might cause you to lose control of the state.
Now having entered the vibrational state, begin exploring the OBE by releasing a hand or a foot of the “second body”. Monroe suggests that you extend a limb until it comes in contact with a familiar object, such as a wall near your bed. Then push it through the object. Return the limb by placing it back in to coincidence with the physical one, decrease the vibrational rate, and then terminate the experiment. Lie quietly until you have fully returned to normal. This exercise will prepare you for full separation.
Dissociate yourself from the body. Monroe suggests two methods for this. One method is to lift out of the body. To do this, think about getting lighter and lighter after entering the vibrational state. Think about how nice it would be to float upward. Keep this thought in mind at all costs and let no extraneous thoughts interrupt it. An OBE will occur naturally at this point.
Another method is the “Rotation Method” or “roll-out” technique. When you have achieved the vibrational state, try to roll over as if you were turning over in bed. Do not attempt to roll over physically. Try to twist your body from the top and virtually roll over into your second body right out of your physical self. At this point, you will be out of the body, but next to it. Think of floating upward, and you should find yourself floating above the body. 
How do I get over the fear?
You have to let go completely. you have to let go. you have to let go. Completely LET GO. Did i mention you need to let go? That is truthfully the only way to get past the fear of Astral Travel. You can’t fight the resistance that builds from the ego-mind you have to put yourself in a pure state of meditation by relaxing and being within a peaceful tranquility. If you don’t lose the fear, you can’t astral project consciously it’s really as simple as that.
I keep getting stuck in Sleep Paralysis?
This is not demons or negative “entities” this is merely the jumping off point. I personally believe when we’re in the sleep paralysis state the reason we have hallucinations and frightening visions is because we’re moreso in a 4th dimensional state of consciousness (the world of thoughts). So when your body is anchored in that state it is actually the easiest time to try to separate from your body and perform astral projection. Rather than fight the fear, go further and pop out on the other side
How do we *see* when we’re astral projecting if we don’t have our physical eyes?
This is because you are seeing within your Mind’s eye during Astral Projection. Did you know your pineal gland has rods and cones just like your eyes? The pineal gland also emits light and produces melatonin which regulates your sleep cycles.
“The interior of the pineal gland actually has retinal tissue composed of rods and cones (photoreceptors) inside its interior lining just like the eye, and is even wired into the visual cortex in the brain. “The photoreceptors of the retina strongly resemble the cells of the pineal gland”. Dr. David Klein, Science Daily. It even has vitreous fluid in it like an eye does.” 
They don’t call it a third eye for nothing
More here: How Can We See During Astral Projection?
What If Demons or Negative Entities Attack Me When I’m Out of Body, Am I Vulnerable?
Short Answer: No, you’re completely safe.
Long answer read here: Dream Disorders, Negative entities and Dark Energy
Hope this helps you on your way to exploring the magical wonders of the Astral World!