Any meditation advice for someone with ADHD? Having some trouble with, well, everything.
A still mind takes a lot of practice, especially when one is already restless as is but it can still be achieved. Breath work is an excellent way or like i said in the previous post visualization is a great way to empty your mind to a serene place to meditate.
Breathing work, requires some discipline but everyone can do it. This is called the body scan meditation, for deep relaxation if the visualization techniques don’t work try this one.
Practicing body scan meditation
- Lie on your back, legs uncrossed, arms relaxed at your sides, eyes open or closed. Focus on your breathing , allowing your stomach to rise as you inhale and fall as you exhale. Breathe deeply for about two minutes, until you start to feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Turn your focus to the toes of your right foot. Notice any sensations you feel while continuing to also focus on your breathing. Imagine each deep breath flowing to your toes. Remain focused on this area for one to two minutes.
- Move your focus to the sole of your right foot. Tune in to any sensations you feel in that part of your body and imagine each breath flowing from the sole of your foot. After one or two minutes, move your focus to your right ankle and repeat. Move to your calf, knee, thigh, hip, and then repeat the sequence for your left leg. From there, move up the torso, through the lower back and abdomen, the upper back and chest, and the shoulders. Pay close attention to any area of the body that causes you pain or discomfort.
- Move your focus to the fingers on your right hand and then move up to the wrist, forearm, elbow, upper arm, and shoulder. Repeat for your left arm. Then move through the neck and throat, and finally all the regions of your face, the back of the head, and the top of the head. Pay close attention to your jaw, chin, lips, tongue, nose, cheeks, eyes, forehead, temples and scalp. When you reach the very top of your head, let your breath reach out beyond your body and imagine yourself hovering above yourself.
- After completing the body scan, relax for a while in silence and stillness, noting how your body feels. Then open your eyes slowly. Take a moment to stretch, if necessary.
Hope things get better for you,
much healing light and love <3
- How to Begin owning your Manifesting Power - January 16, 2021
- Lean on Encouragement to get over your Negative Self-talk - December 19, 2020
- Manifestation Hack – Change the Way you Look at Manifesting - November 28, 2020