Health is the most precious thing in life, and yet more than anything else, we can take our health for granted. For many of us, the only time we think of our health is when we lose it. Then the realization hits us: without our health, we have nothing. There’s an Italian proverb that speaks the truth about health for many of us: “He who enjoys good health is rich, though he knows it not.” While we rarely think of our health when we are well, you will have felt the truth of those words even when you had something minor like a cold or the flu, and you were bedridden. When you are not well, all you want is to feel better and nothing else matters except having your life back.
Health is a gift of life; it is something you receive and continue to receive, each day. In addition to everything else we do to be healthy, we have to be grateful for our health to continue to receive more health! Remember:
“Whoever has gratitude (for health) will be given more, and he or she will have an abundance. Whoever does not have gratitude (for health), even what he or she has will be taken from him or her.“
Giving thanks in return for the health you are receiving is vital. When you’re grateful for your health, you will not only maintain your current health, at the same time you will set the magic into motion to increase the flow of health to you. You will also begin to see the improvements to your health happen right away.Little aches and pains will start to magically disappear and you will notice your energy, vitality and happiness increase remarkably. Being grateful for your health ensures that you will continue to receive more health to be grateful for, and at the same time it eliminates stress and tension in your body and mind. Scientific research studies have shown that stress and tension are at the root of many diseases. Studies have also revealed that people who practice gratitude heal faster, and are likely to live seven year longer.
You can see in the state of your health right now how grateful you have been. You should feel amazing every day. If you feel heavy and life feels like a real effort to get through, or if you don’t feel younger than your age, then you are living with decreased health. One of the major causes of this loss of vitality is a lack of gratitude. All of that is about to change, though, because you are going to use gratitude’s magical power for the health of your body!
The Magical Health practice begins with reading through the following paragraphs about the health of your body. After you read each italicized line for a particular part of your body, close your eyes and mentally repeat the italicized line, feeling as grateful as you can for your body.
Remember that when you think about why you’re grateful, it will help you feel gratitude more deeply, and the deeper you feel it, the faster you will feel and see the amazing results in your body.
- Think about your legs and feet; they are your main form of transportation in your life. Your legs and feet allow you to walk around your home, walk to the bathroom, walk to your car. The ability to walk gives us freedom to enjoy life! Say thank you for my legs and feet, and really mean it.
- Think about your arms and hands and how many things you pick up and hold in one day. Your hands are the major tools of your life, and they are in nonstop use all day long, every day. Your hands allow you to write, eat a meal, use the computer, pick things up and hold them, and do everything for yourself. Without the use of your hands you would be dependent on other people to do things for you. Say thank you for my arms, hands and fingers!
Think about your amazing senses. Your sense of taste gives you so much pleasure multiple times throughout the day as you eat and drink. Say thank you for my amazing sense of taste.
- Your sense of smell enables you to experience the beautiful fragrances of life: flowers, clean sheets, a home-cooked meal. Say thank you for my wonderful sense of smell!
- If you didn’t have a sense of touch, you would never know hot from cold, soft from sharp, or smooth from rough You would never be able to feel objects, or physically express love or receive it. Your sense of touch allows you to touch your loved ones with a reassuring hug, and to feel the touch of a hand from one human being to another is one of the most precious things in life. Say thank you for my precious sense of touch!
- Think about the miracle of your eyes, which enable you to see the faces of your loved ones and friends. Just put a blindfold on for an hour and try to do what your normally do, and you will appreciate your eyes. Say thank you for my eyes that enable me to see everything!
- Think about your ears, which enable you to hear your own voice and other people’s voices so you can talk to people. Without ears and your sense of hearing you could not use a phone, hear music, hear your loved ones talk, or hear any of the sounds of the world around you. Saythank you for my hearing.
- And to use your sense would be impossible without your brain, which processes over a million messages a second through all of your senses! Without it, your sense of life, your experiences, technology, would be nonexistent. Say thank you for my brain and beautiful mind!
- Think about the trillions of cells working unceasingly, 24/7, for your health, body, and life. Say thank you cells! Think about your life-sustaining organs, which are continuously filtering, cleaning, and renewing everything in your body, and think about the fact that they do al their work automatically without you even having to think about it. Say thank you, organs, for working perfectly!
- But more miraculous than any sense, system, function, or other organ in our body, is the organ of your heart. Your heart governs the life of every other organ, because it is your heart that keeps the life flowing to every system in your body. Say thank you for my strong and healthy heart!
Next, take a piece of paper or a card, and write on it in big bold letters:
THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.
Take this card with you today, and put it in a place where you know you will see it often. On at least 4 occasions, when you see the words read them slowly, one word at a time, and feel as grateful as you can for the gift of health.
- Count your Blessings
- Hold your Magic Rock and say Thank you for the best thing that happened today before you go to bed
- Let love guide you always <3