The Earth is one of our greatest sources of energy. Since it is alive, it radiates energy all the time. It can also store and neutralize energy. When you pick up negative energy you can return the excess energy back to the earth. This is what grounding is.
Is is based around the root chakra essentially whenever you feel disoriented, fearful, dizzy, lightheaded, sometimes nauseous etc. more than likely you are ungrounded.
During these times as the energy is changing and expanding, awakening our consciousness it is very important to ground. It’s easy to have our heads in the clouds but we still need to remember to connect back to earth so we don’t feel like we’re straddling different worlds all day long.
A lot of people like to ground after stressful situations, like bad work meetings, road rage, etc. By grounding , we also connect to mother earth, our divine teacher of light who carries eternal energy from her being. Don’t worry about sending negative energy into the earth, because the earth can neutralize it and manifest it in other ways.
Whenever you are working with energy through meditation, pathworking, visualization, reiki, etc. It is essential to ground.
There are many ways to ground, a simple one is just to visualize that you are becoming a tree, deep within the earth. You veins are tree roots extending into your feet, your hands branch out like the leaves, and you feel your feet pushing into the ground deep within the core of the holy tree of life. go deeper into the earth and feel her, feel the energy of her core. We joke about this one but seriously it really works “Be the Treeeee"
If that’s too weird and deep for you, try the Taproot.
Sit comfortably and relax. Take a few deep breaths, When you are calm and relaxed. imagine that there is a thick golden, glowing taproot that extends from the base of your spine all the way down into the center of the earth.
It is vibrant, and it draws it’s energy from the molten core. See it and feel it in your mind as strongly as you can. Know that it connects you to the earth, The mother goddess and web of life.
When you can see the taproot in your mind’s eye and you know it’s reality within you, gently draw warm energy up from the earth through it. Feel and/or see the energy flow up the taproot to the base of your spine. Imagine that the energy branches from the the top of the taproot and some of it flows down each leg and each foot.
Feel the energy moving gently into your legs and feed. Then imagine that the energy runs from the taproot all the way up your spine. feel the energy move gently up your spine. the imagine that the energy splits from the top of the spine and runs down each arm and into your arms and into your hands, finally imagine that the energy moves from the top of your spine to your crown, feel your whole body glowing and vibrating with earth energy. Know that you are connected to the earth and the web of all life together as one.
Then you can visualize pushing out the excess energy out of your body and back down into your taproot and from there into the earth. Feel it leave your body. You won’t be drained because you are not getting rid of your own energy only the negative/excess kind that has stirred your aura.
Some More Quick Gounding Techniques:
- Breathing – Breathe slowly and deeply, imagine pushing excess energy out of your body with each exhalation. Don’t draw in extra energy with the inhalation; just draw in air. Remember to breathe slowly. Breathing in and out quickly helps you raise energy rather than get rid of it.
- Shaking Hands – Visualize pushing the excess energy into your hands, then shake it out of your hands as if you were shaking water off of them. Just be careful not to aim at anyone or hit others by accident, don’t want to make anyone queasy.
- Tree Grounding – Visualize pushing the excess energy into your hands. Then touch the trunk of a tree and imagine the excess energy flowing down from your hands into the tree, down the trunk out into the roots and into the earth. Trees don’t mind and they’re always willing to help souls along their path. You can also do the same with stones or crystals.
- Running Water – Sitting by or getting into running water is an excellent grounding technique. Stand in the shower and visualize your aura being cleansed and purifed, the excess energy running off of you into the water. Or if you have the luxury of living by a river, ocean or stream, swimming is always another great method to connect. However if you’re very disoriented by smart and don’t do that alone.
- Eatting – Eatting can quickly bring you back to earth. It’s hard to stay dizzy with a full stomach. If you’re eating to stay grounded, slowly eat a small meal of something solid, not a lot of sugar or caffeine it it. Sugar and caffeine will only give you the shakes.
- The Direct Route – The easiest, no props way to ground is to get down on your hands and knees, press your forehead into the earth. Imagine the excess energy flowing from your forehead(third eye) into the earth.